International Programmes Officer
Christian World Service (CWS) is seeking an experienced aid and development practitioner to help sustain, develop and manage the relationship with its international partners.
The ideal person will have:
• A Masters degree in Development Studies or equivalent experience or learning.
• Experience in emergency response – a recognised qualification in emergency response would be desirable.
• Experience in a similar position
• An ability to travel overseas and within New Zealand
• Familiarity with current New Zealand government funding schemes and writing successful applications to them.
• Eligible to work within New Zealand
This is a part time position 18 to 20 hours, or flexible work options, based in Christchurch.
CWS is the justice aid and development agency of New Zealand Churches. It works with local partners in developing countries and provides assistance when disasters strike. CWS advocates for action on poverty, peace and justice. It respects and responds to need regardless of race or religion.
CWS does not have overseas-based staff. CWS supports local people to undertake their own development programmes as they are best placed to identify needs and strategies.
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Job description and further information can be obtained from Pauline McKay, National Director and/or phone 03 366 9274 Ext 708.
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday 23 February 2018.
January 22, 2018