CWS was established by the then National Council of Churches in 1945 and continues to be the official development, justice and aid agency of former members of the Conference of Churches in Aotearoa New Zealand. Today these include:
- Anglican Church of Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia
- Methodist Church of New Zealand
- Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
- Christian Churches New Zealand
- Uniting Congregations of Aotearoa New Zealand
These partner churches are represented on the CWS Board.
Please note the above links are to external church sites, which are independent of CWS.