Ways for churches to get involved
The more people in your church know about CWS and global issues, the more likely they are to respond when you ask them to get involved. So here are a few ways of raising awareness in your church and inspiring people to participate:
- Make an event of it... Invite people to come to a short, fun event one evening, or after a service. Encourage them by offering food! You could show a CWS documentary or organise a special fundraising event.
- Get your church leadership on side... Talk to your minister about how they could support you. They might be able to identify people who would be interested in helping. Perhaps they could make an appeal from the front, or use a service to explore how your church should be responding to global poverty.
- Make common cause... Your church is likely to have a number of people who are already involved with making a difference in the world. Perhaps you could gather together for an evening to talk and pray about all your concerns.
- Become a Fair Trade Church... Use fairly produced tea and coffee at morning tea. Download an information kit to sign up for this CWS and Trade Aid programme.
- Support the CWS Christmas Appeal and emergency relief appeals
- Link with CWS... appoint a Parish Link to be the CWS contact person in your community.
We can provide you with information materials and speakers to help raise awareness of our work.
Please visit our Resources section for worship resources and other useful information.